Journal: 28 Jan 2019 #
A pretty average day at work, I did some code, wrote out some ideas for future customer journeys in the app, and other stuff.
But outside of work, I managed to do a bit more.
I wrote/linked to a blog post from New Scientist, where they were claiming that the ECG feature is actually a bad thing.
And I also managed to listen to three podcast episodes:
- The Tim Ferris Show 355: Greg McKeown – How to Master Essentialism
- Core Intuition 358: Accidental Dark Mode
- Under the Radar 157: Editorial Content
That was helped by the fact that I spent a bit off time tonight packing up some of my things in my bedroom. Getting ready for the impending move in a few days!
A few things I did notice from my packing exercise:
- I really underestimate how many books I own. I filled up two big boxes with them, and I have a couple left over. For someone that didn’t think they owned that many, I easily have over 50. It also varies a lot, from Harry Potter to Swift development books, to even books on theoretical physics.
- Maybe I own too many keyboards. I currently own a Cherry Windows keyboard, a Unicomp Spacesaver M, Apple Extended II, a Magic Keyboard for my iPad, and of course the Smart Keyboard that’s now attached to my iPad Pro.
- I have a lot of items that have just been stored in a cupboard for quite a long time. Some of it is stuff for the new house, so mugs, glasses, board games, etc. But a big chunk of it just hasn’t been used. Maybe it’s time to get rid of a few things.
I must admit, I already see a theme emerging from that small list. So I think I’ll end it prematurely. My bad memory is quite visible to me when I come across all of my belongings that I have completely forgotten about.