Many people, including myself, are trying to move away from Facebook and their related apps/services. But before you delete any accounts, it’s obviously ideal if you can retrieve any data first.
With Instagram, you can request to download your data, and they’ll send a link where you can download all your images, videos, and stories.
You also get
.json files for a lot of the associated data:
So they really do give you everything!
To download your data:
- Go to the Instagram website.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right.
- Click on the Settings cog next to “Exit Profile”.
- Choose “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down to the “Data Download” section.
- Click “Request Download”.
Instagram will then package up all your data, and send you an email with a link to the .zip archive.