Chris Hannah

Journal: 28 Feb 2019 #

I finished something at work today, which was pretty cool, and now allows me to clear my plate ready for the next task! It was the networking layer of an app I mentioned in yesterdays entry. It’s as good as it can be at the moment, but I’m aware it may need slightly tweaking when adding in any requests later, as the api is being built at the same time.

One thing that did disappoint me was the fact that my code coverage is no longer officially 100%. Our aim is 80%, so it was going pretty well! But I was working on core logic, so it was all pretty easy to cover. However, as much as I can split up, and mock parts of the networking functionality, there’s some code that will only be used when making real HTTP requests. And that’s just something I haven’t best worked out how to test reliably.

I did finally get around to doing a bit of work on Text Case on the commute home. Nothing big, but I added support for encoding and decoding Base64! It’s not exactly something that is hard to find somewhere else at the moment, but it was very easy to add, and it means that Text Case now has two more formats, bringing it up to 18! (If you count the four variations of Title Case as one) You can sign up for the beta on TestFlight!

After I got home, I had my dinner while watching yet another episode of Lost. One thing led to another, and I ended up watching about 3 episodes. But luckily there’s literally over a hundred episodes to watch, so I’ll be fine for a while.

When I finally decided that was enough Lost (well I’ll watch a bit more before bed), I put my Switch in the dock, and started to play Pokémon on the big screen! And that’s what I’m doing right now as I write this entry!